Texas Political News: July 1 Special Session Agenda
The House will convene at 2:00 p.m., Monday, July 1, 2013.
The Senate will convene at 2:00 p.m., Monday, July 1, 2013.
- Hegar files SB 1, Abortion Bill. The Governor has called a Special Session for July 1st at 2:00 P.M.
- The Call will consist of the following:
- Legislation relating to the regulation of abortion procedures, providers and facilities.
- Legislation relating to the funding of transportation infrastructure projects.
- Legislation relating to establishing a mandatory sentence of life with parole for a capital felony committed by a 17-year-old offender.
83rd Legislature, Second Called Session
If you DO NOT WANT to be activated and pay the per diem for the special session, please click here, enter your username and any additional comments. Per diem pricing depends on your account, however, a basic TELICON account is only $20 per day as it has been in previous called sessions.
Type Signed Vetoed Filed Without Signature HB 710 15 7 SB 687 11 7 HJR 6 SJR 4 Totals 1407 26 14
- Redistricting Maps for the First Called Session
- To access Daily Reports, Calendars, Tracking Reports,… for the regular session use the normal navigation drop downs and select the 83R session.
In The News:
- 7/1 – Sen. Patrick twitter: Sen. Patrick will ‘Call the Question’ if anyone attempts to filibuster. Read Here.
- 7/1 – Sen. Deuell twitter: The Wade Emmert Show for June 30 – Inside story of SB5 and the failed filibuster attempt. Read Here.
- 7/1 – Sen. Watson twitter: Guest Column – Protest Caused by Unruly Bunch in Control. Read Here.
- 7/1 – Rep. Simpson twitter: SB 5 Time-Stamp Change to be Investigated by Public Integrity Unit. Read Here.
- 7/1 – Sen. Lucio twitter: UTPA professor participates in immigration roundtable with President Obama. Read Here.
- 7/1 – Rep. Guillen twitter: Bush- “Civil liberties were guaranteed when I started NSA tracking.” Read Here.