Mike Toomey has taken a leave of absence from Texas Lobby Group to serve as the Chief Operations Officer of Governor Greg Abbott’s Strike Force to Open Texas. During this time, Mike will not be a registered lobbyist. Instead, he will be dedicated to getting Texans back to work and our State’s economy roaring once more. Texas Lobby Group and its clients will be managed by firm partner Lara Keel.
- Highest Ranked Female – “Top Hired Gun Lobbyist” List (2013-present)
- President – Red State Women (2014 – present)
- Treasurer – Texas Conservative Coalition Research Institute (2012-present).
- Named #1 “Rising Lobby Star” by Capitol Inside.
- Past Executive Director of the Texas House Republican Caucus.
- Joined female Republican leaders to start Red State Women PAC to inspire women to be politically active.
- Provides legislative and legal analysis.
- Completing J.D. at the University of Texas School of Law & Master’s from LBJ School of Public Affairs.
- Previously worked as a law clerk in firms specializing in state and municipal law.
The lobbyists affiliated with Texas Lobby Group have their own practices and are helping the Texas Lobby Group on select clients. Each of the affiliates operates independently of Texas Lobby Group unless they are registered with the Texas Ethics Commission on a Texas Lobby Group client .
Carl S. Richie, Jr.
- Over 20 years of experience with legal and legislative counsel and strategy.
- Has worked in all three levels of government, in electoral politics, and in the private sector.
- Has strong working relationships with public officials that allow him to successfully advocate for clients.
- Specializes in Public Finance, Municipalities, Alcohol Regulations, Taxes, Transportation, Energy, and Insurance.
- President, Alaric Group LLC.
- Capitol Inside 2009 “Lobby Rising Star”
- 2007 American Disabilities Act “Texan of the Year” Texas Coalition for the Disabled