Texas 83rd Legislative Session Update: Report for Friday, June 14th, 2013
The House recessed until 10:00 a.m., Monday, June 17, 2013.
- The Governor signed SB 21 (drug screening)
The Senate recessed until 11:00 a.m., Tuesday, June 18, 2013.
- The Senate passed all bills on the Calendar.
- All of the Abortion bills and the Transportation bill were voted out of committee. The text is online.
In the News…
- 6/14 – Sen. Watson twitter: Texas Women Deserve Better. Read Here.
- 6/14 – Sen. Lucio twitter: Senator Lucio Statement on Veto of Texas Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. Read Here.
- 6/14 – Sen. Davis twitter: Perry Vetoed Equal Pay Bill. Read Here.
- 6/14 – Rep. Anchia twitter: Redistricting. Read Here.
- 6/14 – Rep. White twitter: Forest Service offers campfire safety tips. Read Here.
- 6/14 – Sen. Deuell twitter: Honored by Mental Health America of Greater Houston. Read Here.
- 6/14 – Rep. Rodriguez twitter: Champions of Breakfast for Kids. Read Here.
- 6/14 – Rep. Rodriguez twitter: Notes & Noticias – Texans Deserve Fair Maps. Read Here.
- 6/14 – Sen. Watson twitter: House approves tougher hit-and-run law. Read Here.