Texas 83rd Legislative Session Update: Report for Friday, May 17th
The House adjourned until 10:00 a.m., Monday, May 20, 2013.
- Monday Local Calendar
- Calendar’s added bills to Monday’s Calendar.
- House Local Calendar for Friday
- There will be Local and Consent Calendars set for Monday and Wednesday
- Today’s Item’s Eligible Calendars #1 and #2 (TLS)
- House Items Eligible Calendar
- Items Eligible #2
- House Research Organization Floor Report for Friday
- Public Health, Desk 100, SB 141, pb
- Public Education, Desk 110, SB 929, 1310, 1557, 65, 1109
- Land, Desk 47, SB 1560
The Senate adjourned until 10:00 a.m., Monday, May 20, 2013.
Note: The Friday Items Eligible will be replaced when a new Calendar is released on Monday.
Final Adjournment meetings:
- Government Org, Adj., Betty King, HB 1726 and HB 2422
- Finance, 7:00 P.M., Senate Floor, see agenda for bills.
- State Affairs, 7:15 p.m., E1.016, HB 3276 and pending (time changed)
- Finance will meet in the Betty King Room while still in session.
- State Affairs will meet in E1.016 at 7:55 p.m..
Time for Video Highlights of the Session!
- (5/17) – Going once, going twice, in the Senate
- (5/10) – Wu’s on first?
- (5/7) – Observations of Chairman Geren
- (5/6) – A new calculator for Rep. Turner
- (5/6) – Nice tablecloth!
In the News…
- 5/17 – Tx House Energy Caucus: Urging Government Action on Water, Roads and Power in Texas. Read Here.
- 5/17 – Sen. Watson: Missed Opportunity? Ending Diversions and Creating an Honest Budget. Read Here.
- 5/17 – Rep. Isaac: Fort Worth lawmaker kills Central Texas water bill. Read Here.
- 5/17 – Sen. Jose Rodriguez: Billed to Address School Cheating Passes House. See Press Releases.
- 5/17 – Statement by Gov. Perry on West Investigation Results. See Press Releases.
- 5/17 – Rep. Kevin Brady: Health Subcommittee Chair Votes for Repeal. See Press Releases.
- 5/17 – Sen. Lucio: Bill to Require Elected Officials Pass a Drug Test Passes Committee. See Press Releases.
- 5/17 – TX Medical Association: Austin Physician Tagged TMA’s “Young at Heart”. See Press Releases.
- 5/17 – Rep. Tony Dale: Praises the Signing of the Michael Morton Act. See Press Releases.
- 5/17 – Sen. Jane Nelson: House Passes SB 427 Strengthening CPS Background Checks. See Press Releases.
- 5/17 – Sen. Zaffirini Extends Unique Voting Record, Casts 50,000th Consecutive Vote. See Press Releases.
- 5/17 – Texas Charter School Association: SB 2 Passes Texas House. See Press Releases.
- 5/17 – Rep. Abel Herrero: Help Our Youth Learn from Their Mistakes. See Press Releases.
- 5/17 – Sen. Jane Nelson: House Unanimously Passes Legislation by Sen. Nelson. See Press Releases.
- 5/17 – Rep. Marisa Marquez Passes Bill to Help Repair EPISD. See Press Releases.
- 5/17 – Perry’s Remarks on the Granbury Storm Damage. See Press Releases.
- 5/17 – Perry Applauds Efforts to Improve Affordability at Texas Tech and Houston. See Press Releases.
- 5/17 – Rep. Longoria: Bills Creating New UT Med School in Rio Grande Valley Pass. See Press Releases.
- 5/17 – TPPF: Texas remains beacon of prosperity. See Policy.
- 5/17 – TCSA Press Release: Senate Bill 2 passes Texas House. See Policy.
- 5/17 – Perry to Tour Tornado Site. See Video.
- 5/17 – State Rep. Larry Gonzales Talks About Budget Negotiations. See Video.
- 5/17 – Budget Talks Stall with Just Days to go in Session. See Video.
- 5/17 – Rep. Wu announced that Harris County DA, Mike Anderson, announced he has cancer