Texas 83rd Legislative Session Update: Report for Monday, June 10th, 2013
The House recessed until 10:00 a.m., Monday, June 17, 2013.
The Senate adjourned until 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 12, 2013.
- The Governor signed HB 5 and 5 other education bills. (SB 441, HB 809, HB 842, HB 2201 and HB 3662).
- Note: The House and Senate adjourned/recessed pending the receipt and referral of bills. If the call was opened, bills could be referred without waiting to come back into session.
A new Special Report has been added to the Advanced Search to allow you to see bills that Failed to Pass. This report can be combined with bills you are tracking as well as the other parameters in the Advanced Search. Keep in mind that a bill may fail, however, the content may pass as an amendment or inclusion in a conference committee report.
- Alert Users: If your Alert messages are getting truncated, change the address under Track> Create/Modify Tracks> as follows:
- ATT – from “…@txt.att.net” to “…@mms.att.net”
- Verison – from “…@vtext.com” to “…@vzwpix.com”
- Sprint – from “…@messaging.sprintpcs.com” to “…@pm.sprint.com”
- Redistricting Maps for the First Called Session
To select a plan click on Plans>Shaded> and select the plan referenced in the bill under consideration.
- To access Daily Reports, Calendars, Tracking Reports,… for the regular session use the normal navigation drop downs and select the 83R session.
- SB 1 – Conference Committee Report
- HR 2700 – Outside the bounds resolution for SB 1 – Part 1
Time for Video Highlights of the Session!
- (5/22) – Aggie Baseball Update
- (5/17) – The Armando Walle room at the new university in South Texas
- (5/17) – Going once, going twice, in the Senate
- (5/10) – Wu’s on first?
- (5/7) – Observations of Chairman Geren
- (5/6) – A new calculator for Rep. Turner
- (5/6) – Nice tablecloth!
In The News
- 6/10 – Speaker Straus on Gov. Perry signing of HB 5. See Press Releases.
- 6/10 – Sen. Van de Putte twitter: Perry signs bill to reduce high- stakes testing. Read Here.
- 6/10 – Rep. Villalba twitter: Governor signs bill to reduce high school testing, overhaul graduation requirements. Read Here.
- 6/10 – AG Abbott twitter: Gov. Perry signs sweeping education bill. Read Here.
- 6/10 – Texas Bolsters Career and College Readiness. See Press Releases.
- 6/10 – Tom Pauken for Texas: Signing of HB5 Just a Beginning. See Press Releases.
- 6/10 – Texas is Calling, Your Opportunity Awaits. See Press Releases.
- 6/10 – Texas is Calling. See Video.
- 6/10 – Texas Testimonials. See Video.
- 6/10 – Sen. Lucio twitter: Analysts – Texas loses big by rejecting Medicaid expansion. Read Here.
- 6/10 – Sen. Watson twitter: Legal Basis for New Congressional PlanC245. Read Here. Kirk Watson’s alternate congressional map (Plan C245). Read Here.
- 6/10 – Rep. Chris Turner twitter: Redistricting – The Week Ahead. Read Here.
- 6/10 – Rep. Nevarez twitter: Youngest freshman legislators’ first session takes surprising turns. Read Here.
- 6/10 – Rep. Toth twitter: Texas Goes Sacramento. Read Here.
- 6/10 – Sen. Ellis twitter: Three questions for Clarence Thomas. Read Here .
- 6/10 – Sen. Van de Putte twitter: Bill gives support to military widows. Read Here.
- 6/10 – Rep. Toth twitter: In tea party era, it’s tough to maintain party discipline. Read Here.
- 6/10 – Sen. Hancock twitter: Auto union members reject Bell Helicopter contract. Read Here.
- 6/10 – Rep. Nevarez twitter: Bill awaiting Perry’s signature would require confessions written in native language. Read Here.
- 6/10 – Rep. Nevarez twitter: After Newtown shooting, mourning parents enter into the lonely quiet. Read Here.
- 6/10 – Sen. Watson twitter: LCRA water plan needs more study with drought in mind, state says. Read Here.
- 6/10 – Dr. Bonnen twitter: Water Treaty Concerns Trigger Calls for Changes. Read Here.
- 6/10 – Dr. Bonnen twitter: Exporting Natural Gas Will Stabilize U.S. Prices. Read Here.
- 6/10 – Rep. Donna Howard twitter: Women in State Legislatures 2013. Read Here.