Texas 83rd Legislative Session Update: Report for Thursday, June 13th, 2013
The House recessed until 10:00 a.m., Monday, June 17, 2013.
The Senate recessed until 9:30 a.m., Friday, June 14, 2013.
- The Senate will take up the Redistricting Bills and Juvenile Justice (SB 23) on Friday and plans to consider the other bills in the Call on Monday or Tuesday.
In the News…
- 6/13 – The State Auditor’s Office has released An Audit Report on Pain Management Clinic Registration at the Texas Medical Board
- 6/13 – Gov. Perry Signs Religious Freedoms Bill. See Press Releases.
- 6/13 – Rep. Krause twitter: Perry – No Time to Expand Session Agenda. Read Here.
- 6/13 – Rep. Donna Howard twitter: For students to succeed, stop teaching the test. Read Here.
- 6/13 – Sen. Watson twitter: Special session heats up with abortion, highway funding issues. Read Here.
- 6/13 – Sen. Ellis twitter: In North Carolina, political protesters welcome arrest. Read Here.
- 6/13 – Sen. Van de Putte twitter: Quote of the Week. Read Here .
- 6/13 – Texas Comptroller twitter: The CDC’s State Indicator Report on Fruits and Vegetables, 2013. Read Here.
- 6/13 – Texas Comptroller twitter: Comptroller Susan Combs Distributes $557 Million in Monthly Sales Tax Revenue to Local Governments. Read Here .
- 6/13 – Rep. Walle twitter: Polls – Huge support for immigration reform. Read Here.
- 6/13 – Rep. Springer twitter: Weekly Session Update 15 – Highlights of the 83rd Session. Read Here.
- 6/13 – Rep. Donna Howard twitter: Hammond – Texas budget meets needs of a growing state. Read Here.
- 6/13 – Rep. Toth twitter: Texas freshman legislator set a standard on privacy law. Read Here.
- 6/13 – Rep. Donna Howard twitter: Thomas Ratliff – NO BULLYING POLICIES AND BURNING BOOKS. Read Here.