As the 85th Legislature draws to a close, a series of end-of-session deadlines begin to take effect. Below is a list of deadlines that occur next week:
- Monday, May 8: Last day for house committees to report house bills and house joint resolutions.
- Tuesday, May 9: Deadline for house to distribute last House Daily Calendar with house bills and joint resolutions.
- Wednesday, May 10: Deadline for house to distribute last House Local and Consent Calendar with consent house bills.
- Thursday, May 11: Last day for house to consider house bills and joint resolutions on second reading on House Daily or Supplemental Calendar.
- Friday, May 12: Last day for house to consider consent house bills on second and third reading and all third reading house bills or joint resolutions on House Supplemental Calendar.
House and Senate calendars are available on the Texas Legislature Online, and Senate agendas are available in hard copy from the library (Rm. 2N.3).
Bill statistics for the period of Nov. 14, 2016 – April 30, 2017 are below.