Texas 83rd Legislative Session Update: Report for Friday, June 7th, 2013
The House recessed until 10:00 a.m., Monday, June 17, 2013.
The Senate adjourned until 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 12, 2013.
- Note: The House and Senate adjourned/recessed pending the receipt and referral of bills. If the call was opened, bills could be referred without waiting to come back into session. A new Special Report has been added to the Advanced Search to allow you to see bills that Failed to Pass. This report can be combined with bills you are tracking as well as the other parameters in the Advanced Search. Keep in mind that a bill may fail, however, the content may pass as an amendment or inclusion in a conference committee report.
- Alert Users: If your Alert messages are getting truncated, change the address under Track> Create/Modify Tracks> as follows:
- ATT – from “…@txt.att.net” to “…@mms.att.net”
- Verison – from “…@vtext.com” to “…@vzwpix.com”
- Sprint – from “…@messaging.sprintpcs.com” to “…@pm.sprint.com”
- Redistricting Maps for the First Called Session
To select a plan click on Plans>Shaded> and select the plan referenced in the bill under consideration.
- To access Daily Reports, Calendars, Tracking Reports,… for the regular session use the normal navigation drop downs and select the 83R session.
- SB 1 – Conference Committee Report
- HR 2700 – Outside the bounds resolution for SB 1 – Part 1
- HR 2700 – Outside the bounds resolution for SB 1 – Part 2
Time for Video Highlights of the Session!
- (5/22) – Aggie Baseball Update
- (5/17) – The Armando Walle room at the new university in South Texas
- (5/17) – Going once, going twice, in the Senate
- (5/10) – Wu’s on first?
- (5/7) – Observations of Chairman Geren
- (5/6) – A new calculator for Rep. Turner
- (5/6) – Nice tablecloth!
In the News…
- 6/7 – Rep. Coleman twitter: Make Your Voice Heard – Redistricting. Read Here.
- 6/7 – Sen. Watson twitter: Millions in State Funds Not Reaching Volunteer Fire Departments. Read Here.
- 6/7 – Rep. Chris Turner twitter: You’re Invited to a District Office Open House. Read Here.
- 6/7 – Sen. Watson twitter: Texas Senate Votes To Substantially Reduce Number Of Standardized Tests For Students. Read Here.
- 6/7 – Sen. Lucio twitter: The University of Texas System Prepares for Its Newest Member. Read Here.